Perhaps this is the first time you read about cannabis being a kind of butter; it’s actually a trend nowadays. Cannabutter gives you the ability to create recipes that include cannabis. If you want to learn more and learn how to make cannabutter, just keep on reading!
Maybe you are a person that already knows the medical benefits of cannabis, but you do not smoke, and you do not want to smoke your entire life. This is your moment because you can now reap the benefits of cannabis without the health risks imposed by smoking.
This innovation, called cannabutter, works wonders in the kitchen; it allows you to formulate a lot of edibles that you can personally enjoy while gaining a lot of benefits that will surely change your life.
Cannabutter at a Glance
Cannabutter is basically your old fashioned or original unsalted butter; the only difference is that it is filled with processed and transformed cannabis buds or flowers. By infusing cannabis along with the butter itself, you can enjoy without having the guilt of too much fat intake. But instead, it will open an avenue for your meals to become healthier.
Making Cannabis is not that simple, proper extraction methods must be done in order for the compounds such as cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids are secreted out of the plant and its buds and then thoroughly combined with the butter fats.
The cannabinoid compounds that are evident if cannabis such as THC and CBD are compounds that cannot be dissolved in water or any other water-based liquid but instead can be carried by oils. Fat content in butter serves as a safe vessel for the cannabinoids and other important natural extracts. So when consumed and digested, these aforementioned cannabis compounds enter the bloodstream to start their jobs as they should.
Advantages of Self Made Cannabutter
A lot of customers and users of edible marijuana products prefer products that are formulated with cannabutter. This is due to the fact that the effects are evident, extended, and more intense in comparison with the existing edible cannabis products that are out in the market. If you prefer long-lasting effects, then cannabutter infused products are suitable for your needs.
If you want immediate effects to take place, then cannabis edibles are not for you. Because in order for these products to take effect, digestion must first take place in order for the cannabinoids to freely enter the bloodstream. More often than not, the results of cannabis edibles such as cannabutter are only evident after half an hour to an hour and a half.
However, your patience will bear good fruit. Once the effects take place, they last for 4 to 12 hours, depending on the THC level of the strains that you used, total consumption, body weight, and metabolism cycle.
Since you do not intake marijuana by smoking, you will never have lung complications. This is the most friendly way of consuming cannabis.
A Fool Proof Guide on How to Make Cannabutter
Cannabutter is easy to make, but it takes time and a lot of effort. Make sure you have 3 to 4 hours to spare.
Before anything else, in order for the results to be successful, you have to decarboxylate or heat the buds, this will allow the cannabinoids in weed to be activated. Without further adieu, here is the simple recipe that you strictly need to follow:
Here is the list of things that you need to prepare for your cannabutter:
- ½ to 1 oz decarboxylated marijuana flower
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 4 cups of water
Steps in formulation
- Divide the butter into several manageable pieces. No need to soften the butter.
- Mix the butter mixture together with the water and cannabis flowers into a non-stick saucepan and let it cook using low heat. Continue cooking the mixture on low fire for 3 to 4 hours. You may use a slow cooker to maintain a constant temperature.
- As the cannabutter cooks over the low fire, gradually and gently mix the combined ingredients every 30 minutes. Use a metal spoon or a wooden spatula. As the water slowly evaporates, your cannabutter will have a thick consistency.
- Once the cannabutter mixture becomes silky and glossy, and all of the water has already evaporated, it is time to remove it from the heat and allow it to decrease in temperature. At this stage, the cannabinoids are already infused in the butter.
- Once the formulation can be safely managed, gently pour the cannabinoid-infused mixture into a strainer or a cheesecloth. Then, press the butter down to drain all the excess liquid.
- Use a nonstick spatula or ladle to form the shape of the butter and to collect the butter that was left out. Secure the cannabutter in an airtight container and refrigerate in order to retain its shape.
You may also try others or create your own cannabutter recipes that are quick to execute and will not require 3 to 4 hours. But in order to achieve that silky butter goodness, it is advisable to use the slow and steady method. It will surely produce high quality yields.
In this process of cooking the cannabis plant in low heat for a couple of hours, the cannabinoids are properly activated and infused to the butter. This makes it safe for the plant to secrete all the needed compounds without burning them and having the risk of intaking carbon monoxide.
You may make the whole process of creating your cannabutter more streamlined by buying a commercially produced machine that is specifically manufactured for cannabutter. This is an automated machine that heats the butter and cannabis formula for a specified number of times without even stirring and monitoring it.
Now that you know the basics of creating cannabutter, what else can you do with it?
Basically, what normal butter can do is the same with cannabutter, this means it can be used in almost any edible product that you can think of. This includes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana bread
- Maci and cheese
- weed butter
Cannabutter is a versatile product that can be utilized for almost anything, especially in desserts and pastries. This is basically your personal replacement for your traditional butter. But you have to keep this away from your kids. This is a good way to add to your diet as it provides miraculous benefits.
This is all you need to know on how to make cannabutter.