The cannabis industry is perhaps one of the fastest rising industries globally. With its legalization to several states and countries, it is also getting popular votes in many places as well. Its legalization has allowed cannabis consumers more access to using cannabis for recreational or medical use. Also, cannabis enthusiasts can grow the weed in their own garden.
As such cannabis concentrates are everywhere and one of them is cannabis tinctures. Cannabis tinctures can be bought and can be made at home with different cannabis tincture recipe. Cannabis concentrates particularly cannabis tinctures have become popular especially because it is mostly being used because of its medicinal benefits. Cannabis tinctures are packed with cannabis essentials which makes them very good.
Cannabis tinctures can be bought online and in local stores but some cannabis consumers have become a bit more experimental and have come up with their own cannabis tincture recipe which they can consume and enjoy.
What is Cannabis Tincture?
Cannabis tinctures are made with a high percentage of alcohol and they are usually put in glass bottles with ink droppers. Cannabis tinctures are extracted with the use of a solvent to extract terpenes and cannabinoids like THC and CBD. Tinctures use alcohol as a solvent which is also the end product.
Tinctures can also be in the form of edibles. In this process, the cannabis must be first decarboxylated to ensure that all its ingredients are active. The effects of cannabis tinctures depend on how it is taken. The method of consumption matters on the effect of the tincture on the body. Sublingual consumption is said to be the fastest means of taking in cannabis tincture.
Tinctures are mostly used for medicinal reasons. Many tinctures are used to relieve pain relief, anxiety, flu symptoms, headaches, and stomachaches. If you are familiar with the medicinal property of the cannabis that you use then that would be the effect of the tincture in your body. Cannabis tinctures can actually replace all the medicines in your medicine cabinet.
How to make cannabis tincture recipe: Easy tips to make your homemade cannabis tincture
There are several ways on how to make cannabis tinctures using different ingredients as well. These methods can be easily done at home.
Old -School “Green Dragon” Method
The first method is the Old-School Method or the Green Dragon Method. This is also with the slowest method. The Green Dragon Method is easy and is very popular as well.
You need to have the following:
- The cannabis strain of your choice.
- High-proof alcohol
- Mason jar
Here are the steps in making cannabis tincture using the Old-School Method:
- To start, decarboxylate 1 oz. of the cannabis strain
- Add the cannabis to the mason jar.
- Add 300 ml of alcohol to the jar.
- Close the jar tightly.
- Place the jar to somewhere dark or cool. Make sure that it won’t be exposed to high temperatures or sunlight. Place the mixture there for about three months.
Ed Rosenthal Method
In this method you must have:
- Cannabis of your choice.
- High-Proof Alcohol
- Mason Jar
- Blender or Food Processor
- 2 Large size metal bowl
- Coffee filters
Here are the steps on how to make cannabis tinctures using the Ed Rosenthal Method:
- Start by decarboxylating 1 oz. of weed.
- Add the cannabis to your strainer and then place the strainer in the large metal bowl.
- Add water to the bowl. Fill it until the cannabis floats. Leave it for about 90 minutes. This will clear some plant material from cannabis.
- Pull the strainer and drain the water.
- Collect the cannabis. Make it into a ball, squeezing the water out of the hands.
- Place the cannabis into the blender.
- Ass about 300 ml of alcohol to the blender and blend it for 5 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture through the strainer just to make sure that there are no other particles in it.
- Make sure that you can squeeze any unwanted particles out of the material.
- Place the used weed material in a glass container and add fresh alcohol. Soak it for about an hour.
- Pour the mixture through the strainer but do not discard the used cannabis.
- Pour the mixture through the coffee filter to filter out small particles.
- Pour the mixture into a mason jar which can be tightly sealed.
Water Bath Method
This method is perhaps the fastest way to make cannabis tinctures but it requires much more care. It is important to know that this method should be done without any open flames nearby since you will be evaporating alcohol.
Here the materials that you need:
- or weed
- High-proof alcohol
- Mason jar which is used for cooking
- Mason jar with lid
- Mesh strainer
- Large size metal bowl
- Coffee filters
- Pot for cooking
- Cooking thermometer
Here are the steps for making cannabis tinctures using the Water Bath Method:
- Start by decarboxylating 1 oz. of cannabis
- Grind up the cannabis weed
- Add it into the mason jar
- Add about 300 ml of alcohol to the jar
- Fill the pot with 1″ of water and then place it on the electric stove.
- Use the thermometer to make sure that the temperature will not go beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the unsealed mason jar with the cannabis and alcohol inside the pot. This is the water bath.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Filter the mixture by the use if coffee filter over a bowl.
- Pour the mixture or the tincture inside a mason jar and make sure that it can be tightly sealed.
- Your tincture is now ready.
It is great to know that cannabis tinctures are available in online and local cannabis stores but knowing cannabis tincture recipe is a great way to enjoy and consume tincture more. It will allow you to create tinctures from your favorite strain especially if you are having a hard time finding it in stores. Creating your cannabis tincture by using some of the recipes we shared can tale some work and time but it is a rewarding experience. It can take your cannabis consumption experience to the next level.